Friday, April 6, 2007

Welcome to what I hope is interesting

I'm starting this blog because I've been asked to try and publish some of the bible studies and plays that I've written. Since trying to get published sounds long and full or rejection- I'll just post on the internet where I know I'm qualified. Plus, I'd be infringing on any number of copyrights.

I want to start by saying that the people in my life are very important to me. If you know me then I hope you know that I love you. My philosophical, theological, and ideological rantings are all based on the notion that we -as a group of human beings- are all connected. Without that initial assumption, I see no reason to believe in anything. When you are feeling loved, I am feeling loved. When you are hurting, I am hurting. If we were not connected, then why would there be language, culture, and cities? Why would I care what happens to you, and really, why would I care what happens to me? I believe that if I can convince the world that we are all connected then we can collectively start to understand the golden rule. When business executives at fast food chains realize that their marketing strategies are making people they care about obese, then they will practice better business ethics. More to come on business ethics... The point is, next time you pass someone and smile or say hello- consider why that is. Why are movies funnier in theaters? Why are sports games better with a packed stadium, and concerts better when they're sold out? Can it be because we actually take pleasure in other people experiencing joy? I like to think so.

That's all for now. Know that I love you.

God's love,

Daniel

No comments: